I was Ari. In 2027 I used to work in space. My best friend was named Dsh. He was mostly mechanical. We worked in orbit clearing junk and fixing things. I lost my friend during the Kid Plague in 2021, everyone lost someone. I was one of the few humans to contract the virus. For 6 years after the plague I fluctuated from highly functional to unpredictably violent, then I fell asleep. When I woke up they told me it was now, and now is here in the past. Before I went to sleep, to stay occupied when not being studied I collected, cataloged, and tried to repair bots I found in the woods. For some reason they gathered near rocks and meadows and died there. It always made me sad. Every month I am going to sketch and describe some of the bots I saw. They were my friends, all of them.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

A lighting blimp. Had one when I was 7. Loved it.

My brother made one for me when I was a kid. It was for my birthday. I took this thing everywhere. We never had much wind where I lived so it worked perfectly. Not a lot of kids had flying bots that could stay aloft so long without needing to eat. I found this one in some forest of the NW. I was running and on my 27th mile I found a graveyard next to a very lichen covered boulder. My bot had a simple radio receiver that was tuned to my retina caster. It tracked and followed me providing a wonderful light. I used audible commands to direct it or change the lighting. One of my favorite things to do in the summer was catching frogs in the night using the lowest lighting on the air ship. I miss walking to my local printer shop on the corner lighting the way with this familiar.

No comments:

Post a Comment